2. International Symposium on Pufferfish – Lionfish
It is a great honor and pleasure to announce the 2th International Symposium on Pufferfish/Lionfish held on 20-22 May 2022 in Bodrum, Turkey. The International Symposium on Pufferfish/Lionfish is organised by
– Republic of Turkey Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry General Directorate of Fisheries and Aquaculture,
– General Directorate of Agricultural Research and Policies, Mediterranean Fisheries Research, Production and Training Institute,
– Iskenderun Technical University Marine Science and Technology Faculty,
– Nature and Science Society.
Hundreds of new alien species have been encountered in the coastal environments of the Mediterranean Sea in recent decades, including the poisonous pufferfish and venomous lionfish. The invasion of pufferfish and lionfish species have caused huge damage to the marine ecosystem in the Mediterranean, while there is still lack of basic knowledge on monitoring and struggling methodologies, specific life history characteristics, their impacts on marine ecosystem, risk assessments and ext. Therefore, this symposium aims to get together scientist, policy makers, fishermen, and other stakeholders from the Mediterranean countries and outside of the Mediterranean to exhibit studies, exchange knowledge, share practice and experience, and utilize the effects of pufferfish and lionfish species in the Mediterranean Sea.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Symposium.
Etkinlik Ülkesi - TÜRKİYE